Humvee glow plug problem

From: Trader John's Outpost (john@trader-johns-outpost.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 21:22:25 PST

I am working on a friends humvee that is having problems with the glow plug
system, and I was hoping to have some input from someone who has fixed the
problem before he throws more money at it. The humvee seems to burn out all
of it's glow plugs in a matter of a couple of weeks. I am not sure if it is
gradual or if it happens all of a sudden. This happened twice before, the
first time all of the glow plugs were replaced, the 2nd time all of the glow
plugs were replaced, and the glow controller (on the water crossover tube),
and the PCB was replaced. Three weeks later the plugs are all bad. Is it
possible that there is a bad ground (I've seen the grounding kits that have
been advertised), or is it something else? The parts replaced were bought
from a reputable major company, so I don't think they were flawed Any leads
are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David Bobik
Trader John's Outpost