JACK TOMLIN

From: Eugene PANTANO (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 06:39:06 PST

To All Concerned... This is the letter I just wrote for JACK TOMLIN...Get
busy guys...he needs our help. Do not criticize or degrade the Kalifornia
COPS in your letters..would not go over too well.. Gene

To: Mr. Jack Tomlin

Jack,
Please present this mail to your Attorney or to the Prosecutors in your
upcoming case.

Although we have only met one time at the Kansas City Military Vehicle Show,
your reputation as a very straight forward honest American with a tremendous
pride in his country and it's Military History is known around the world. I
have known you for over 30 years due to your expertise in the Military
Vehicle Collecting World..
I have had contacts with many hundreds of Collectors of Military Equipment
who have had dealings and personal contact with you. They all - to a man -
speak very highly of your personal love for your country and the law.
I, and all who I have spoken with on this matter agree...what happened was a
oversight, but not in a criminal sense. A memory jog would have been all
that was needed in this case. Given a bit of time to correct the situation,
you would have been more than happy to oblige.
As a retired Army man, retired Federal Service, prior Police experiences -
both Local and Federal, I can assure anyone investigating this case that
Jack would not have done anything illegal with any "intent". These things
sometimes happen. With all on your mind Jack, with preparing all the items
for the Museum that you are planning for the people of this country to
appreciate and learn from...it is no wonder that sometimes a mistake is
made...but there should be no outburst of accusations, such as I have heard.
These are totally false.
I am pleading with the legal powers to be that all charges be dismissed with
a strong warning - all that is needed here.
Sincerely,
Gene Pantano
US Army, Ret
719-495-9708