RE: [MV] brake fluid question

From: Frank Robertson (tankdriv@gte.net)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 06:21:37 PST

I work on electric forklifts. We have a freezer model truck that will stay
in a -21 freezer 7 days a week 24 hours a day. We had trouble with brake
units leaking at the seals. We were running silicon brake fluid. After we
sent a couple of brake units in to the factory they said replace them and
don't use silicon. While dot 5 brake fluid absorbs moisture with silicon
water will lay as a layer on top of the brake fluid. This was causing
pitting at the seals by rusting the housings. Hope this helps

             Frank Robertson
             Memphis, TN. USA
     "Miss Dixie" "Tha Thing"
        _______ ______