Re: [MV] legal troubles

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 01:05:20 PST

Steve,
Yes, there are a lot of law enforcement types on this list...there are also lots of enforced-against citizens who have issues with police conduct.
Last time I checked, it was still legal to offend law enforcement officials. If that is not the case, let me know so I can call the movers.
While I admit that his remark was gratuitously careless,I had hoped for a response with a more, er, intellectual content. Yours sounded more like a threat, which, I think, was what the gentleman had in mind when he made his remark. If you are suggesting that the police in this country have NOT crossed the consitutional line, I'll take you on regarding that issue. If you are suggesting that you are not all shitheads, I'll sit quietly and let you establish that fact. If you think that he was just a bit careless and that his accusation may have some merit, I applaud you and regain a little faith in the system. Surprise me!
BTW, where I come from, we don't capitalize "law enforcement" . We hold them to the same or higher standards than anyone else, and we take umbrage with those who consider themselves "Upper Case" citizens.
Regards,
Jack