RE: [MV] WAS: [MV] M35 starting problem Now M35 Stopping Problem

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 12:00:27 PST

David Doyle lead me to the same fix on mine also.
Look on page 3-29 in the TM 9-2910-226-34 you will find a blowup diagram
that should be close to your pump.

1. Cut the tie wires from the "Control Unit Retainer" remove the 2 screws
and the Retainer.

2. Carefully remove the "Fuel Control Unit Assembly" watch for the "Plunger
Sleeve Pin" sticking out on the back (this is a little bit and can drop out,
also watch for the "Preformed Packing" may or may not come out.

3. Fill a small container with penetrating oil, (I used a "Gunk" brand with
Teflon) and soak the "Fuel Control Unit Assembly" for 12 hrs, it should
swing very near free, mine could be moved fairly easy but was still too
tight to work.

4. On reassembly make sure to install the "Plunger Sleeve Pin" and packing
if it came out, you will "feel" when the "Plunger Sleeve Pin" engages, and
it may take a few try's.

5. In replacing the retaining wire on the "Control Unit Retainer" I look all
over my shop for wire small enough to work and found it on a paper tag tied
to the front on my truck at the DRMO.

Good luck, and give me a call if I can help.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net
http://home.swbell.net/rkltd/
-M35A2- MVPA -22345-