Re: [MV] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry # 9 & 10

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 21:53:09 PST

I think you covered it all Chris. If you can get a good deal on the
correct Oak grab it.

As far as I'm aware the original floor was made by gluing together random
width strips of the same thickness of Oak, then cutting the whole thing
into about four or five sections, with the joints under the rub strips.

Having fitted floors as a single piece and strip by strip I can tell you
the strip by strip method is far better, just start at each side and work
in. Only critical thing is to make sure that the inner edge of each bit
as you fit it is parallel to the axis of the truck so the sections meet
sqaure in the middle.

Once again the trim and the fixings are difficult to get - wood is just
wood.......

Gordon