Re: [MV] Got my M35 Home!

From: Mark Ehle (MEhle@catc.k12.mi.us)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 04:42:09 PST

I wondered how much difference putting some sound deadening material on the underside of the cab would make, but I suppose that might actually detract from the "beastly" nature of this truck! But, it might go along way toward making the truck enjoyable over a long haul, and especially for my wife, who would be more amenable to further M35's if they could be made easier on the ears!

Thanks to all for the information - this list is GREAT!

Mark Ehle

>>> "Andy Michalski" <amichalski@earthlink.net> 03/19/01 05:58PM >>>
Hi Mark,

The bigtime crashy type gear noise is normal for the deuces at highway
speeds. I am working on an experiment using a 'thermal barrier kit' out of
an arctic upgrade kit to see if that will quiet it down some, but I suspect
that the open exhaust will be the next cause of ringing ears :) I'll keep
the list apprised on the success of this idea when I get time to install
it...

Andy
My deuce..
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/M35A2.html