Chinese Military Motorcycles

From: Kang Le Hua (ljh@public.xm.fj.cn)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 22:28:35 PST

I am still here in sunney South East China and the Chanig Jiangs are
running on the street every day. From what I can tell they seem to be
very durable and dependabel due to there simplicity. Workmanship is of
course not the same as a new Harly or BMW, but the price is not the same
either. I think to try and compare them would not be correct, kinda like
apples and oranges, the Chinese build them and really do not take the
best of care on any of there vehicles, as far as schedualed maintanance
goes. The roads in the countryside are really piss poor to bad and these
bike seem to keep on going. I truly feel that in the hands of a
collector they would be an excellent investment.

However there are problems with exporting them to the States that seem
to be impossible to overcome. I have had some requests for fudged
paperwork and simply can not do it because of Chinese Export law. You
see the goods leaving are subject to inspection as well as the goods
coming in.

I am an English School Teacher in AMOY China and have lots of free time
to answer questions feel free to write at any time for I am on the
Computer for hours a day. I will do my best to help the American Mil-Veh
collectors to open this Market if we can.

Bob.....if you contact me off list again I will try and reply, the mail
I am sending is getting bounced back every time I don't know if the
problem is here or there.

Best Regards to all
Tim Conover
AMOY, China.