Tech. stuff

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 08:15:13 PST

I recently stumbled across a couple of useful tricks that I thought I should
share with the list.

The first I got from a tractor mechanic who has used this on small engines
and old tractors. To free stuck pistons: Remove sparkplug and pour in
rubbing alcohol, claims it will free stuck pistons in a matter of minutes.
On engines that have stuck from setting up, not ones that have seized. I
plan to try this on a 2AO42.

The other deals with only M274:
When replacing dust/grease boots on steering knuckles, use gasket seal and
plastic cable ties to attach part of boot that fits to axle housing. This
was originally done with a wire twist. I believe it works just as well, if
not better.

That is all!!!

Questions, comments?
Thanks,