CCKW Restoration

From: CCKW6X6@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 07:38:40 PST

Greetings List,
I'm again looking for some parts to complete my 1942 closed cab CCKW
restoration. I'm in need of a complete set of top bows and corners. I had
mentioned this on the list before and got a response but haven't been able to
get the guy to give me a price on shipping so I guess I'll try again. I also
need a full set of rubber/canvas seals. I've found that Beechwood has the
canvas welts for around the hood but I also need the weather stripping that
goes around the windshield, side windows, and doors which they don't seem to
carry. I'm also looking for a new hydrovac unit (or rebuild kit), M2HB
cradle for the ring mount, one folding troop seat leg, and the little piece
of metal that stuck up on the front bumper to stabelize the starting crank.
Any sources would be greatly appriciated.
Also, I have a couple of questions. Did the CCKW's origionally carry both a
water can and gas can (jerry) and if so where were they placed? This CCKW
was used int the ETO and I'm wondering where I should go to find proper
markings for the unit. Again, any suggestions are appriciated.
Thanks for all your help.
John Atkin
Yates Center, Ks