MVs at the Corona, CA Apr. 7th Event...

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 09:20:50 PST

Hello all!

I'd like to firm up who will be participating in the April 7th MV display in the
city of Corona, California.

On that day, the Kiwanis are putting on the "International Day of the Child".

We can support both "touchable" and "untouchable" MVs. "Touchable" MVs are
those whose owners don't mind the kids getting a "hands on" experience. (Please
check your rig for safety.) "Untouchable" MVs will be cordoned off for
"hands-off" display only.

I am looking to see whether there is the possibility of giving rides, as some MV
owners have asked about. No word, I may have to let you know at the event...

Please let me know by 28th March (this Thursday) whether you will be attending.
Let me know what you are bringing, and whether it is "touchable" or
"untouchable".

Participating MVs must be at the Corona National Guard Armory (directions below)
not later than 0730 for staging. Those who wish to stage their rigs the
previous night are invited to do so at my house (cul de sac), at the directions
below.

If you are a reenactor, feel free to show up and add to the experience.

We will have contact teams and a safe haven for vehicles suffering breakdown.

There will be no consumption of alcohol on site.

The Kiwanis will be putting on a pancake breakfast, you are invited to attend.

There will be a "bring your own meat" BBQ at my place for MV crews after the
closing of the event. (If the entire MVPA shows up, I may need some help with
logistics...)

To the National Guard Armory:
From the I-15/55 junction:
I -15 South to Magnolia St. Exit
Right turn at top of ramp onto Magnolia St.
Right turn at Second Intersection onto Rimpau St.
Across 6th Street, National Guarfd Armory on left.

To my house:
From the I-15/55 junction:
I -15 South to Magnolia St. Exit
Right turn at top of ramp onto Magnolia St.
Right turn at Second Intersection onto Rimpau St.
Left onto Acacia St. go all the way to the top of the hill. (Look for the 45
mph speed limit sign - Acacia is opposite it.)

My number is 909-340-2341. I'll be at the staging area in my OD Coveralls...

I'd like to see max participation. Those MVPA members who are located too far
away can assist by brow-beating the folks near me not to leave me hanging... ;o)

(Of course, prayers can't hurt.)

Many thanks!

Bil Benson