Re: [MV] CCKW Restoration

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 14:24:30 PST

Many cckw's had dual water/gas cans mounted on the rear of the rear
mudflaps, one per side. DO NOT mount it on the running board w/o the brace
on the open cab.

You can install a Midland-Ross Hydrovac part number that will 'fit' in a
CCKW: RV2512140X
It is a more modern (60's) unit and with a little adaptation will fit.

Brent Mullins in TX has the craddle and pintle or at least he did couple of
years ago when I bought mine.

Robert Motor Parts in Amesbury MA has rubber parts. To him, your truck is a
1946 Chevy 1.5 ton civy truck. DON'T cornfuse him with mil stuff.

Markings: Mine are

1A 291E TRK 11

across the front bumper. 1st Army 291st Engineers Truck #11. The 291st held
up the Germans at the Battle of the Bulge and put up a Treadway bridge
across the Rhine under fire. See the History Channel for their exploits.

Steve Keith AKA Dr Deuce