Re: [MV] new to list, questions about CTIS

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 16:41:13 PST

Central Tire Pressure System on the DUKW and HUMMER are 100% different!

The HUMMER has a high drive reduction gear housing to drive the individual
wheels. The CTIS fees into that housing and out thru the canter of the wheel
(inside to outside). It was designed in from day one.

The DUKW has special devices that attach to the regular full floating drive
axle flanges. These devices are attached to the body of the DUKW to prevent
turning with a arm with 'elbow' arrangement that also protects the air hose
going to the device. The DUKW system is designed as an after thought to the
standard CCKW drive axles. The original axle seals would not stand for that
much tire pressure

Steve Keith AKA Dr Deuce