WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #16

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 08:10:32 PST

I took all the "un-boltables" (over one hundred pieces not counting nuts,
bolts or other small hardware) to the bead blasting house yesterday.

I had some fun negotiating with the owner. I gave him a spread sheet
listing all the parts. He said that was fine and good, but he would need
to see the parts to give me a price. I said ok, they're all right here in
the Cherokee. We walked over and popped the tailgate. He looked in and
said $200 to $250. I told him that was more than fair and he asked me to
back up to the loading bay.

We started unloading parts. This poor guy thought he was looking at one of
those circus cars that the clowns just keep coming out of. We filled one
pallet, then two pallets, a third, and when he started looking for a fourth
he said "There are a lot more parts here than I thought..." I laughed and,
after giving him a bit of a hard time about it, allowed
re-negotiation. They should be done Friday.

There was actually a front clip from another WC in line ahead of me. Small
world. Anyone on the list? Western Sandblast in Santa Ana, CA.

Anyway, I spent two hours last night building my spray booth in the third
bay of the garage. My long suffering wife wonders if she'll ever get to
park her car inside again.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA