Re: [MV] Radiator Brush Guard - M151-series Mutt

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 04:03:07 PDT

Dear Listers........

many thanks to all those who replied with information about the Canadian
Brush-Guard kit.
Well, like all things Mutt-related.......nothing is straightforward and it
isn't the full story.

It seems that the US Military utilised this radiator guard (there are photos
about, showing both Canadian and US Army vehicles with this guard) but my
friend John R has very kindly sent me a scan of his ex-USMC M151A1, with
radiator guard, along with a piccy of the "weight-n-dimension" dataplate from
his mutt.
This plate lists the guard as a kit. Unfortunately, the last number of the
kit's part number is obscured.

The dataplate reads.......

"BRUSH GUARD SCREEN......... 871234X " (where X is the number obscured)....

1. Does anyone have the last digit of the part number?
2. Does anyone have details of the kit in their parts lists? (My early and
late parts lists do not mention this kit)
3. Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions?

Any and all help gratefully received.............Thanks..........
Kind regards.
Ken