[MV] Chinese copy of BMW R71

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 05:33:54 PDT

Apr 2 2001

Dan
I have the same problem as you! I would like to buy one... The Chinese BMW
R71 copy is imported in Europe and there is an importer in the U.K. If you
have checked their web, you have seen that they also offer some
improvement/fine tuning. I do not know if there is an importer in Italy,
however, we have, at present, a lot of problems with the emissions... It
seems that quite a few motorcycles will no longer be imported here for the
very strict regulations on the emissions...
Have you been at Beltring War & Peace 2000? There were many Chinese copies
used by reenactors and one original (this last one owned by an American, he
told me that he found it in Hungary and brought it back to England loaded
in his VW). The two bikes (Chinese and original) seemed to me very
similar. Did you check the pictures of War & Peace on the web? IIRC there
are pictures of them: check Dennis Buijs web (white star). They are
painted and lettered for the SS.

Regards and

Panzergrau is much better!!

REaimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320