LDS 465 Turbo Engines

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 13:04:12 PDT

I've got a line on a LDS 465 turbo engine with 5 speed trans. The transmission
looks a little funny though. It appears that there is an adapter plate bolted to
the engine bellhousing, then the transmission is bolted to the plate.

Does that sound like a normal setup for a 5 ton truck trans?

It appears that the LDS 465 would drop into my M51 gas truck (not including all
of the fuel changeover issues. Am I right about this?

Any idea what a LDS 465 engine with trans and accessories would weigh? I'm
guessing it is 1500 lbs or so? How close am I?

Thanks,

Dave