WC52 Wheel Needed in NE USA

From: Dennis O'Connor (oconnor01@snet.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 19:58:19 PDT

Hi Lists,
    Todays thread about M37 combat rims fits right in to a request from the
veterans. Their WC52 did not come with a spare wheel and tire. They can
salvage an original tire for the spare and had a wheel donated but the tire
shop pronounced it scrap this morning due to rust and a bent to bleep outer
ring. Does anybody have a WW2 3/4 ton Dodge (WC51/52/etc) rim in decent
shape, at a decent price, within driving distance of western Connecticut
(distance being a relative thing). Please let me know and I'll pass along
the info so they can pass the hat and see if they can afford it.
    The truck still needs canvas if anybody stumbled across any in the last
week or so. The lead time for that right now is over a month for new and the
price is testing their pacemakers pretty well considering they ordered the
tires this morning.

Thanks,
Dennis O'Connor