Re: [MV] Need help Air compressor Belt

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 06:36:00 PDT

>I need help, the compressor belt on my M35A2 is slipping and wont turn the
>compressor, I have been trying to find a way to tighten it but have been un
>successful is there a way to tighten it? I am not very familiar with the
>truck I just got it about a month ago any help will be appreciated.

Reach down by the front of the compressor pulley and loosen the two small
bolts. Then turn the front half of the pulley while holding the back half
(which as actually connected to the compressor). To actually change the
belt I found that you can rotate the front half out far enough that the belt
will drop down below that tapered part which will give you enough slack to
get it over the crank pulley. There actually is a special wrench for
turning the front half of the pulley but a giant channel lock works also.

good luck,

je