WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #20

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 08:37:16 PDT

Prep work yesterday. I ordered flexible brake lines. Also bought a new
garden hose, and several cans of engine de-greaser. My plan being to
borrow my buddy's power washer and clean the dirt and gunk from the engine
and frame before I re-wire.

The owner of the power washer wasn't home, so I took some time for daily
driver maintenance and changed the brakes and oil on my Geo Metro.

It really makes for a cute photo, the Metro next to the WC53. And before
you speak ill of the little car, it is 10 years old, has 184,000 miles on
it, runs like a top (75 to 80 mph on the California freeways) and still
gets 45 miles to the gallon. I like utility, and this thing was made to
commute.

Then it was off to get the power washer. By the time I got home it was bed
time, and much too late to fire up the Briggs and Stratton engine on the
washer, so I called it a night.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA