Jacking a 5 tonner?

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 17:00:26 PDT

This might sound pretty stupid, but I'm a bit perplexed.

I have to jack up the forward rear axle on my 5 ton to remove one set of
duals. How should I do this?? The jack (long frame 5 ton) won't reach
under the that axle housing - can't get the right angle. Should I put the
jack under the center pivot trunnion and raise the entire right rear side?
I don't want to damage the trunnion. I looked at the manual and can't see
any mention of jacking points for the rear axle assembly.

The rear axle would be no problem - rear access, the front rear axle isn't so
obvious. What do you guys do??

Dave