More Details--'39 N.G. Panel

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 18:50:13 PDT

So much trivia related to this vehicle...
The stripes are ONLY on the second OD green
coat of paint. That doesn't narrow anything down. CA N.G. still had this
thing Korean War
Era ("BALL OF FIRE", a 40th Div. motto).
  Then Lang Transporttion Corporation acqured
mid 50's. They sold and /or leased to CalTrans /
SFOBB.
  I didn't mention it before but I think this mobile repair truck
originally had canvas awnings on
both sides when "camped". That's what the other long metal box on the
floor held, supports and canvas. They could stay out of the hot
California sun that way.
  Thanks, Don