Re: [MV] Jacking a 5 tonner?

From: ken uhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 02:44:38 PDT

At 08:21 PM 4/4/2001 -0500, Everett Doyle wrote:
>When I jack one I am very careful to keep blocks placed so that it can only
>fall 4 inches. and leave wheels on until I get it where I want it ==
>supported by blocks or wheel stands. Am old man and have seen stuff fall -
>big surprise to everyone
>
>I have 20 ton wheeled jack that I can use most places but sometimes have to
>use bottle jack and blocks
and by the way falling 4 in mite bust concrete blocks
(ones homes and buildings are built with) i keep at lest 2 in or wood on
top of any blocks
i have seen them brake even just under a frame the frame was
like 1/4 angle 3 in my 3 in and the 1/4 part was on the block setting
up right not laying down
ken uhrick