WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #23

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 08:22:26 PDT

I worked on the two fenders I had treated with "Extend" rust converter the
night before. Bondo skim on the worst of the pitting, and some detail work
around the head light mounting hole.

While waiting for Bondo to set up I worked on re-assembling the truck
enough to move under its own power. I'll be cleaning the frame over the
weekend and pushing it in and out of the garage by hand does not excite me.

I put the Amp, Temp, and Oil pressure gages back in. Found the battery a
bit of an issue, being battery box and running board-less. Turns out the
cables will reach through where the floor used to be and I just had to set
the battery on cross members close enough to hook up. Finally a 5 gallon
jerry can for fuel supply and she fired right up.

Sanding and spot filling on the fenders finished the day.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall
'66 M274A2 Mule

PS: For anyone who hasn't seen it, there was an interesting photo of a
Carryall posted to the Powerwagon forum. See:

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/wwwboard/messages/400788.html

Ouch is right!