SBD Dauntless accident.

From: John K. Seidts (john@astory.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 18:59:03 PDT

I am enclosing the following not just because it is extremely interesting,
but also as a reminder that we need to be extremely careful handling our own
equipment with vintage components. There are some golden rules to follow:

1. Always have a safe way out of the situation you are in.
2. Make appropriate pre-operation checks
3. Practice safety procedures before you need to use them.
4. Always have good situational awareness.
5. Communicate with the people around you.