Creased Mutt hoods...

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 20:08:39 PDT

Dear All,

I thought you all might like to know how those mutt hoods got the creases
in them. I found out because I goofed and it happened to my hitherto
perfect hood.

I had been working on my (then) unfixable timing problem and had taken her
out for a test run. Going over the crest of a small hill (and there ain't
many o' they in Bangkok, I can tell you), I was reminded in a very sharp
way that I had not refitted the two hood latches and the hood flew up and
banged violently against the upper leading edge of the windshield, creasing
it nicely.

If those of you with the creases open your hood with the windshield up, you
will see the matching line of the creases against the top of the windshield.

There you go.
Cheers
Gavin