Photos...going...going....gone????

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 11:14:46 PDT

 Well like all good capitalist learning's, there ain't no such thing as a
"free" lunch. Photopoint.com after roping us in for a year and a half is
going the way of Driveway.com and becoming a "Pay" site as of 1 May 01. It's
kinda like the sex after ya marry and turn the missus into an XYL. You say
"I do" and she says " Like hell you will!!!". Don't know what's gonna
happen to the eBay free foto links for auction items.
    The new system is $ 20 for 1K of photos and then $10 for each additional
1k photos or portions there of. Seeing I got over 1500 photos there, it's
gonna be decision time regarding you swine.... er, swell fellows, i.e. do I
wish to drop a mere $20 to show off my ability to take photos and post 4
views of everything my gimlet eye shines upon and tie up your 28k modems for
hours and do ya'll appreciate it, or should I just bag it. Had over 2500
hits to the M35A2 album so far, so someone has been going there. If ya liked
the photo albums, drop me a line.
    In the remaining free days I'll be posting a bunch I haven't gotten
around to yet like more parade shots, a recent club event at Devens RTA
where some of our club vehicles (CMP's and the like) were used by the NG to
train units going to Bosnia in roadblocks (dissimilar vehicles) and some
photos of the last Weare sent to me by other folks who went there and ya see
it through their eyes and whatever else I come across. And if I decide to
bag it, come 5/1/01, it's goodnight Maryellen.
    So go to http://www.photopoint.com/ and enter in the Visit albums block
rojoha@mediaone.net over the next couple of weeks. If ya snooze, ya lose.

    Ron