RE: [MV] A quick M35A2 question.

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 21:16:45 PDT

Rikk,

On an M35A2, every time (no exceptions) the engine speed reaches 12,000 the
engine has already been blown apart and looks like shrapnel (to be precise,
the engine speed will NEVER reach 12,000 RPM, but the tach doesn't go that
high either). The governed speed for this engine is between 2600 and 2900
depending on who set up the governor.

I would have to go out and check this for you, but I would expect the rpm's
to be around 2200 or so at 30 MPH in fourth gear.

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402
Please note my new email address is
j.garrett@gte.net