After Action Report......Knob Creek!

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 20:36:52 PDT

MG shoot and MV Show.....

Another beautiful, spring weekend was had by all at the Knob Creek Range
just outside of Louisville KY.

Lots of MVs there,...Randy Hansons V100...looking real fine after being
driven down from Indiana...and several Jeeps, M20 and a very nice WWII GMC
short wheelbase 2.5 ton. Matthew Brown's M5 that we had stuck in the creek
3 weeks before was still sporting the mud...but was none the worse for
wear.....as well as my M114 and M3 AT gun.

Lister David Kelone had a truck load of mules and associated goodies for
sale........

We took over the range Sunday afternoon and had the M5's 37mm barking 2 lb
projos downrange and the bow gunner dumped a couple thousand rounds as
well......the M3 AT gun was fired by anyone standing nearby including the
list's, Jim Gilmore, taking shots at a Mercedes parked around 300 yards
downrange......and the M114, armed with a M2HB and a MG74 took its toll......

Afterward, we went trail riding around the range's 300 some odd
acres.........a wonderful day...nothing broke.......aside for a grease
hungry drive wheel sprocket on the M114....next weeks project.........

Great weather, nice vehicles...good friends..and good food........and
plenty of ammo.....what more could you ask for...

Jon