Re: [MV] TITLE & REGISTRATION WOES

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 13:23:57 PDT

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 04:15:32PM -0400, aussierob wrote:
> After the disgusting treatment Ron has just written about (Monday afternoon
> posting) while trying to get his vehicle on the road...
> Are there any among us that can tell us "from Experience" which states tend
> to act "insane" or
> Which states seem to be "generally helpful" to us the taxpayers who need to
> put an old un-titled vehicle back on the road.
>
> There HAS to be at least ONE friendly state when it comes to all this woeful
> bull*** !!!!!
>
> Any happy ending stories out there?

I don't know about untitled vehicles, but I've never had any problems getting
a title for a vehicle with a SF97 in Oregon. This includes SF97s that had
the manufacturer and year listed as "unknown". I've just taken 'em to the
nearest DMV, filled out the title app. and they looked at the VIN on the dash
and said OK. On one that had the year and mfg. listed as unknown, the lady
asked my what year I thought it was and who I thought made it. No problem.

--
Eric Kozowski
Portland, OR