M-37 fuel problems

From: John Doyle (jdoyle@writeme.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 17:25:00 PDT

Hey,

My '52 M-37 had a good day: 6 quarts of ND oil in the block,
1 gallon of 90wt oil in the front diff (rear to happen when
I can figure out how to get the #&^#$& stuck fill plug
out of the rear diff).

Plus a new mirror, a new in-line fuel filter, and new fuel
hosing (to accomodate the in-line fuel filter).

After all that nice treatment, it finally decided to quit
sending fuel. Atleast that's what I think it's doing. I
can be driving down the road and have my foot steady
on the go-fast(er)-pedal and it will start hiccuping/
bucking. The easiest way up until today for me to
"fix" this was to lay off the gas and give it some
clutch. Then get off the clutch and back on the gas.

Well, it's gotten worse- I couldn't pull it to the end of
my street today without it cutting off. So I figured,
let's try a new fuel filter for starters. No improvement.
Haven't opened the carb yet, but I'm wondering if perhaps
it's the fuel pump? Anybody else had this before?

Help always appreciated!
John