Re: [MV] Help - Paint for Jeeps

From: J. D. Bowen (oreuc@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 07:03:40 PDT

> 1. Most (more than 50%) of the original parts I
> have in my posession right now are darker than
> the shade of OD being sold by Aervoe or Gillespie.

I would agree with the darker color analysis. I've
only dealt with two WWII vehicles, an MB and a GPW but
it's definetly a darker shade. I've just cleaned a
T84 case off a GPW and the remaining paint is a real
dark OD (although that may have been influenced by
exposure to transmission gear oil).

The question I would pose is whether the aging of the
paint has anything to do with the darkening?

J. D.