Re: [MV] Hood numbers

From: Mark Baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 08:42:34 PDT

Sandman. I have a 1976 Dodge M-886 ambulance. Its original color was OD. IT
did not have hood numbers on it, And John is right, after May 1976, all
numbers and stars were ground off and a 4 pattern camo paint job was added
to all tactical military vehicles. I do have numbers under the hood and on
the dash board. The Number (registration) is NG09T1. I think it may have
been in to Driver/passenger doors also.
 I also saw a 1977 Model of My ambulance, It had the numbers in the same
places, its numbers were NG0MU1. I believe their the same place on the CUCV
Chevys, as they were put into service in the mid 80s.
 The only visible numbers on your vehicle should be on the bumper, mine go
as follows 35-I-67-FSB (35th infantry Div), (67th Field Service Battalion)
This is on the left side of Both Bumpers in 2 inch letters and on the right
side of the bumpers is C-244 ( Company C, Truck # 244) in 2 inch letters.
 These numbers are on a Sand back ground and in black letters. IF you have a
National Guard unit or Military Base close buy, go and look at their
vehicles, Heck the NCOIC might even let you into the vehicle compound to
look at them. Hope this helped. Mark M-886