Re: [MV] Color scheme question (flat tow)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 15:01:02 PDT

The flat tow was suprisingly fun! I pulled the rear axles and front drive
flanges. I used the front drive flanges (and a second set) to cover the
rear hubs. The first 5 blocks (downtown Philly) sucked. After getting about
20 miles under me on the highway, I figured out how to make everything work.
60-65 all the way with my Chev 1 ton doing the job. The downward angle of
the tow bar helped immensely in the stopping scheme of things. Fortunatly,
the tractor is light at 11,179#. Anything heavier is not a good idea.
Everybody thought I was crazy for trying this. Sometimes the most
surmountable tasks become the most rewarding when they work without a hitch.
(pun) Anyway, you guys have fun with the new toys and let me know when
those 109s become available..Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
'52 Stude M-275 tractor (it's alive)