Re: [MV] Jeep paint

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 17:43:54 PDT

In a message dated 4/11/01 6:28:55 PM Central Standard Time, hern@nidlink.com
writes:

<< It's Aervoe Mill Spec 34087 / 987AG."

 Anyone know if this is anywhere close to the right stuff? >>

I know in my experience that this stuff is 100% crap! Great if you are going
to paint and immediately sell, or store indoor. But if it is a vehicle you
plan on keeping, and planning on operating it outdoors....RUN, don't walk
from Aervoe!
Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll finally get a chance to take and post my
pictures of my equipment painted with this......it is kinda neat though, it
is like a predecessor of DuPont Chromallusion......
Forest Green becomes pink after a year or so. My dad's M328 {M139} bridge
truck (which is huge) IS kinda cute in that color (re earlier email regarding
cute, pink trucks).
But the good news is, in another year or so, the pink will turn a kind of
grey/brown, then it will match one of my deuces I touched up a couple years
ago.
Or, if you are not sure what service you want to represent, you can use there
semi-gloss OD, which after a couple of years starts turning to a slate
gray....maybe I'll restencil my compressor truck US Navy at that time.
On the other hand, you like sanding and repainting, this is the paint for you.

Been there, done that, got the discolored vehicles to prove it,
David Doyle