Re: [MV] M35A2

From: wayne harris (wharris19@email.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 21:24:42 PDT

The DRMO are selling trucks at this time with a manufacture date of 1984 and
1985 and I saw one that was listed as being a 1989. Does anyone know for
sure when they stopped making them?? Wayne

Kevin,
I, too, have never seen any documentation to suggest that the M35A2 was
produced after 1978. However, I have seen a few trucks that came out with
date of manufacture listed as the date of rebuild. I would bet that this is
what you have.

Good example...Joe Young has a Mack 5 ton that says it is a 1975. The depot
rebuild year was 1975 (clearly indicated on the dash with a depot rebuild
data plate -- never have I heard of a truck being rebuilt the same year it
was manufactured, although anything is possible). However, the contract
order was in 1969, indicating that is probably a 1969 or 1970.

Bruce