Re: M-715 help/newbie intro

From: Michael Moran (jagular7@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 11:34:23 PDT

> From: BrOKE-|nC <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
> Subject: [MV] M-715 help/newbie intro
>
> Hello List
>
> I have been lurking a little while and wanted to
> introduce myself, and to
> make sure I was posting to correct addy;-)
Damn, you're following me everywhere..... You seemed to
be getting out of the WI winter hibernation.....

> I recently acquired a 1967 M-715 and my goal is a
> restoration as close to
> original as possible. The machine I have is very
> complete and in excellant
> shape considering age.....but the previous owner
> painted it a interesting
> shade of blue ( local county civil govt). I have a few
> questions below I
> hope you all can help with.
I heard a bright pink would suffice. Be able to pick it
out of a line up very easy. :-) I know that color won't
work with Trish, but was only a suggestion.

> 1) Where could I get some pictures of M-715 's
> correctly restored?
Run a search on some engine and look around. There are
several sites for the M715. Some personal, other's
something tied to a list. If you need the actual URL's,
here is some I have booked:
http://www.m715zone.com/
http://www.cs.quik.com/truks/
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=983904&a=12512393&f=0
among others sites which are all linked in some way.
Also, look at Ebay for small items.

> 2)The original #'s on hood and rear bumper are
> missing...any way to find
> what they may have been? ( my newness to this is
> showing huh?)
If you can go back to the civil gov't, they may be able
to supply you the 'tech' file on the M715. In this should
be the DRMS getting rid of it to the services. Control
documentation usually follows item.

> 3)What would be "considered" a correct color, for this
> truck while being
> used by military? I Imagine may have varied depending
> on branch and where
> it was stationed?
I have several pics which I've down loaded. A lot of the
M715's have a large white star on the door or on hood,
there is some symbol plate in the grille guard, and some
numbers over the bumper end. The acual color is some form
of drab olive.

> Any help or correspondence regarding these questions
> would be greatly
> appreciated. And personal e-mail is more than welcome.
> I am eager to get
> started on the restoration but need some direction in
> the "non mechanical"
> areas, thanks all for your time!
>
> Norm Tischer (Newbie!!)
Is this the last thing you are a 'virgin' at?

PS. I'm looking for a M715 in decent cosmetic shape. I
have a lead on a 00 SuperDuty F450 4x4 Diesel, 6sp. I'm
looking at getting that for about $8k (yes it's totalled
but the hardware seems fine though the engine will need a
can opener to get out) and install the system into the M715.

=====
mm 92 Bronco 'Jagular' 88 Samurai 'Red Slug'
Lenexa, KS
Home Page: http://www.homestead.com/_92bronco_/
Pics in the albums: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=248797

Bronco parts for sale: 6 - 32" Hoosier Radials, 5 - '92 Bronco rims, 2 spare tire covers, and T15 winch bumper - see pics under Bronco Parts-Sale album and web site for description