Re: [MV] WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #28

From: ken uhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 21:21:54 PDT

At 04:21 PM 4/12/2001 -0700, Chris Davis wrote:
>Last night (Wednesday) was a bit of a nightmare.
>
>It started off well enough, I picked up lots of parts from Western
>Sandblast after work. Tailgate, bumper, running boards, window cover
I use CO2 from a tank for all most every thing some use a air compressor
butt cant breath it
20 lbs tanks the gas is at 700-1200 lbs in the tank depending
on temp at the time
old beer keg pop mech tanks and regulator's
and the out put of the can be any thing fron 30-60 lbes to over 400
on a regulator' off a old carbonater system that is as old as many men
on this list
i carry one with me and air tires up any thing less than a blow out a
limp to a shop and not change it on the road i prissers test ice
box's with it ties and painting it would do fine i would thing for any
one hear if you use a low psi spray gun ( not good for hi gloss see your
self paint jobs it would keep lots of use from paying for air compressor
and it would be grate for changing tires in the out back if you have a
air air wrench and use it one time in a blue moon
no need for a water trap its dry to start with tank regulator and hose
mite ice up if you pull a lot or for a long time
most of the time i see any one with a flat tire i offer to air it up for
tham to get tham to a shop for repair

>So, this morning at work I told my friend and fellow MVadite, Deryk Walker,
>my tale of woe. After he finished laughing at me he told me what I already
>knew I had to do, bite the bullet and find an air compressor. Easily said,
>but I'm supposed to get the last of my parts back Friday (tomorrow). How
>am I supposed to find a compressor by then? Let alone the hoses,
>regulators, water trap, etc.
ps: i hope this is not too far off topic