G-742 types

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 19:58:08 PDT

Still on my crusade to document these vehicles....
Looking for variations of beds mounted on these. Can anybody supply
nomenclature for variants of the Reo I have not listed below? (Note, I have
deliberately omitted most of the "A..." suffixes such as M35A2)

M44 chassis
M45 chassis
M46 chassis
M34
M35
M36
M35A2C (dropside)
M36C (has some type radio antenna mount)
M49 fuel tanker
M50 water tanker
M47 dump
M59 dump
M342 dump
M48 tractor
M275 tractor
M292 expansible van
M109 shop van
M185 shop van
M60 wrecker
M108 crane
class 530B fire truck
class 530C fire truck
M44A1WLF fire truck
LaCrosse missile launcher (anybody know the M number?)
Truck with LeRoi 210G1 compressor
Truck with Harris J-210-FED compressor
Truck with contact maintenance equipment bed
V17A/MTQ truck maintenance telephone construction
V18A/MTQ truck earth boring
M764 truck earth boring
M756A2 pipeline construction
M567 Van electronic

Somewhere around here I have a manual that refers to one of these outfitted
permanently as an ambulance...anyone actually ever see one of these?
I once saw one that was an Air Force aircraft deicer...unfortunately at the
time I was too focused on the G-749 series to make any notes, much less buy
it (it was sold for scrap sadly). Anybody else seen one? Know its
nomenclature?

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks,
David