Re: LIST[MV] CUCV air?

From: Jaime Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 23:36:34 PDT

> OK, I know it isn't original but........ Has anyone ever added an
> aftermarket or used air conditioner to a CUCV? I didn't think it would be
> that hard except where to put the compressor. Thanks in advance

Done it... not too too too hard. it took 1 saturday, 1 sunday, half a
monday, 1 EMT with little tech no-know, 1 first responder who knows a little
about cars, 1 EMT's girlfriend to nag us, 4 and a half cases of Dr Pepper
(chilled), 6 band-aids, 2 re-runs of Emergency!, assorted tools raided
assorted neighbors, 1 fire extinguisher, lots of nuts and bolts, 1 rusty
bolt from the frame left over, a hacksaw, 2 really big drills, 4 replacement
bulbs for the lightbar (after we hooked it up to 24 volts after the a/c was
installed... oops) and 1 replacement battery for the one that blew up.