Paint Chips?

From: john hart (wa2hwj@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 05:39:16 PDT

Is there any source for "paint chips" (sample colors)
for the various paints we all use? There are several
companies selling paints, but my experience is that
they all have slightly different shadings. For example,
a spraycan I have of "CARC Green" is a lot lighter than the
CARC Green on most of the military radio parts
and pieces I get which are painted by the manufacturer.
It would surely help to get the right color the first
time...otherwise, we wind up with shelves of "close"
colors.
Jack WA2HWJ
M151A2
M35A2