42 GPW Engine

From: David Jenkins (GPW1942@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 10:01:39 PDT

Esteemed readers,
I am in the middle of rebuilding a GPW engine for my July 1st 1942 GPW
44620. I have two questions.
1) I have two Engine Plate Front Assembly's, bit "f" marked. One has an
extra plate riveted to it. One does not. Which would be correct?

2) I also have two oil pans. One has the drain plug opening riveted to
the pan the other has it machined or pressed into the pan. Which would
be correct?

Did Ford mark their oil pans? if so where?
What kind of bolts were used to attach the oil pan to the block. It came
with bolts that have indented heads.
Thank in advance.
Dj