WWII Military Vehicle List Settings

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 18:34:46 PDT

Hi All,

At Richard Notton's suggestion, I have changed the WWII MV list settings so
NO ATTACHMENTS are allowed. This serves two purposes. First, it keeps any
viruses from being passed via the list. Second, it will eliminate a large
portion of the advertising banners on the messages which will in turn speed
download times. As Richard has mentioned, this is important for those who
do NOT have free local calling. If you have a picture for viewing, simply
provide a URL or upload into the WWIIMV list files section.

While not at Richard's direct suggestion, REPLY will now go back to the
originator, not the list. You must reply to all or manually change the
address to reply to the list. This will keep the conventions same on the
Mil-Veh, MV and WWIIMV lists.

Finally, I have made the archives public so those of you who do not wish to
subscribe to the WWII MV list can still see the message traffic. However,
unless you are a subscribed member, you cannot post to the list. Naturally,
you can post directly to the individual adressees listed in the message.
Hope this makes the list a bit more palitable to some.

Regards,

Jim Rice