Re: [MV] WW II Eisenhower Train

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 13:07:05 PDT

In a message dated 4/17/01 7:52:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ww2reenactor@yahoo.com writes:

<< I have been asked to gather more information about the
 historical steam engine the "Dwight D. Eisenhower."
 During the war it was code-named the 'Bayonet.' It is
 currently under the care of the National Railway
 Museum in Green Bay, WI. They do not know much about
 the history of the train and would like everyone's
 help.

I suggest that you contact "Trains" magazine. They are the best authority on
railroads in the world. Contact them at Kalmbach Publishing Co., P O Box
1612, Waukesha, Wisconsin, 53187-1612. In addition to an outstanding
editorial staff, they have ads from dozens of book publishers whose area of
expertise is the history of railroading. I'm sure that you will find what you
need there. A P Bloom