M35 Tag Axle?

From: Mark Ehle (markehle@netzero.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 12:39:31 PDT

Hello, All -

Now that a very kind gentleman practically gave me a set of front hubs for
my M35 to bore out, I am wondering about the back end.

Would it be possible to disconnect the inter-axle drive and lift the
rear-most axle up somehow so it is not stealing traction from the middle
axle?

Alternatively, I am thinking about designing some sort of drive shaft
"clutch" to disengage back axle, controllable from the cab, probably by air.
Has anybody already tried it? Would there be a market for one if I succeed?

Thanks, Folks!

Mark Ehle
M35A2 (oooh, it feels so good to finally be able to put that in!)

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
http://www.netzero.net