Re: [MV] (WWII) (1 1/2 - 2 1/2 ton) (Chevy & GMC) Information Wanted

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 15:55:33 PDT

(banjo cckw for all running gear comparisions)

Front axle less steering ball and U-joint flange the same

Banjo (gear carrier) the same less drive flange.

Rear axles NOT interchangeable

Tranny different. You cannot put a cckw 5sp in a Chevy. The power train in
the cckw sits lower in the frame. You would not be able to operate the gas
pedal.

Doors, windshield, hood, lower fender panels, fenders (though the cckw is
better) all fit

Dashboard is differerent (holes in different places). Seats will work with a
slight mod for the back.

Master cyl and hydrovac different, wheel cylinders the same

Starters interchange (with 12 volts)

Chevy's are a nice truck. It is too bad that many or most have been worked
to death. They are a much more convienent size than a cckw. Always chack the
fame behind the front wheel. There are a series of rivets there that hold
the front spring, motor mount etc. They sometimes crack between them...

A chevy is more difficult to double-clutch too. So is the Dodge. The
constant mesh tranny in a cckw is a much more forgiving tranny for shifting.

Steve Keith AKA Dr Deuce (and Chevy's too)