Re: [MVlist] M1009 Turbo

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 10:56:15 PDT

i have a friend who owns a fuel shop.
he says if you want to kill a 6.2 chevy or a 6.9 ford diesel put a turbo on it.

it is the fastest way to kill the motor.
he stopped selling the kits (both over the counter and installed) after the 4th
or 5th dead truck came back to him, with burned pistons and he was being blamed.
people don't pay attention to the pyrometer and run the motor exhaust too hot.
just safer not to ruin the engine in the first place.
for added power ( and loss of economy) you can have the pump pressure turned up
a little, and you can play with the pump timing.
NEITHER IS RECOMMENDED ( hard on the engine, and hurts fuel economy) but they
will get you more power.

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES      WEB SITE:   www.flmv.net