Convoy/BBQ Seattle WA

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 16:05:19 PDT

Howdy all, just got back from our annual convoy. What a blast. We were
led by Stuart in the Stalwart (amphib. British truck), followed by 2
M35A2's. a Ferret armored car (British), 2 Ambulances, 1942 MB jeep,
Landrover and a 1942 GPW jeep pulling a 1944 Airborn Dump Trailer. We
stopped at the Lake Sammamish boat ramp to dip Stewart and the Stalwart.
(Stewart didn't get wet even though some of the windows leaked) Gave
rides 10 people at a time to the amuzment/amazement of the boaters (some
were hacked off by the threat of our itty bitty wake) But it ws great
fun we'd charge into the water with the water coming half way up the
windshield before leveling off.

Convoyed over to the park where we had a pot luck BBQ lunch. 29 people,
family and kids attending then on back up the west side back to Redmond.
We had a great time and will do it next year. Later Dewey