Re: [MV] Newbe questgions

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 11:30:58 PDT

Well..this is one I have to jump in on..I love the big p/u trucks.. First
and foremost is ..if it does not have a winch..don't buy it. The winch is
what makes these trucks un-stoppable. If you buy one without a winch..you
will want one later. So do it right to begin with. You can expect to pay
between $850 nad $2000 for a decent "worth owning" deuce. I have paid as
much as $3000 for a great truck..with winch..and near new tires.. look at
the tires first. Most all the trucks have about the same mileage..but - the
tires have to be good.. I scan the lot of vehicles for tires first. Winch
also..at the same time. I have bought several trucks to get the new tires
from them ..then scrapped the truck.. Trailers also..just for the tires.
Be sure it is a "turbo" and that it has the "air shift"..5 speed. Good
luck..Gene