Re: [MV] Towing a deuce

From: M2116X6@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 12:46:43 PDT

When I bought my M211 a few years back, a friend towed it home for me with
another M211. He tied the steering wheel on my deuce and told me it was to
keep the front wheels from locking to one side or the other and prevent
steering box damage. Since then, I've towed other deuces and always tied the
steering wheel of the truck I'm towing. The front tires will slide smoothly
around a corner if you take the turn very slow. This little bit of tire
scuffing doesn't do any damage. Going around a turn too fast causes the tires
to hop which can damage the tread. Try to plan a route to avoid sharp turns.
When unavoidable, you can untie the steering wheel and have a helper steer
the towed deuce around the turn. Retie after the turn.

Jim Maier